CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
I was born in Britain to Jamaican parents. I'm a mum to my gorgeous son and a fashion and soft furnishings designer. I'm fun loving, totally in love and inspired by my Creator (not religious!!)optimistic and free!!

Info On My Locs

  • Installation Date: 24, 25 & 26 July 08
  • Interlock clock pattern 9,6,9,12
  • Trainee Consultant: Sabrina Williams@aol.com
  • How Many Hours: 26
  • How Many Days: 3
  • Lock Pattern: 3
  • My Hair Curl Type: Loose and Deep (S-Curl)
  • How Many: 447 (finally took the time out to count them!!)
  • Sisterlock end date: September 2009
  • Traditional Loc Installation Date: March 2010
  • Interlock Pattern: Palm Roll / Coil Twist
  • Consultant: Ezme
  • How Many Hours: 4-6hrs
  • How Many Days:1
  • How Many Locs: 184

Monday 4 August 2008

What I Should Have Asked!!

I am such a typical impulsive Aries that there are questions that i should have asked my tc before, during or after the process of having these SL's installed.....maybe someone out there can give me some answers or suggestions

  1. With all this spraying of water won't my hair start to smell damp?....
  2. Or get mouldy?
  3. How long do have to keep spraying H20 and isn't there an alternative?
  4. Can i go swimming? will the chlorine damage the hair? or should i wait till they mature?
  5. Can i be taught how to at least upkeep the front where most of slippage is?
  6. How soon should i wash my hair noting the serious slippage?
  7. I've heard bad reviews on the SL shampoo, what's an alternative?
  8. Does anyone know where to get soft spikes or an alternative from in the UK?

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

lol
im a trail and error person

JUST Euphoria said...

Hey! you can use a setting lotion on your hair, I use a foaming wrap lotion now I will say in the begining my consultant did not want me to wash my hair often so all the products that I applied in a four week period did leave a smell, but when I was able to wash it was all good. you can order soft spike curlers from www.wrapalocs.com or wrapaloc.com. being a newbie I wouldnt gat chlorine in your hair maybe wear a swim cap until your locks mature, chlorine is pretty serious stuff that I would imagine you would have to shampoo your locks really well to remove the chlorine & since yours are slipping probably not a good idea.

Naturally Sophia said...

With all this spraying of water won't my hair start to smell damp?....

If it is sprayed lightly enoughto dry during the day, you'll be fine!

Or get mouldy? not unless it's damp for days

How long do have to keep spraying H20 and isn't there an alternative?
Yes, try not spraying anything and enjoy the freedom.

Can i go swimming?
yes

will the chlorine damage the hair? yes over periods of time, chlorine is bleach, be careful to wah it thoroughly and use swim caps

or should i wait till they mature? If you can, sure but I didn't wait

Can i be taught how to at least upkeep the front where most of slippage is? yes, it is time and labor intensive, your arms may hurt

How soon should i wash my hair noting the serious slippage?
ask your SL Consultant sinmce she is the one repairing slippage

I've heard bad reviews on the SL shampoo, what's an alternative?
In the beginning, I think it's one of teh best things to use. However, any clarifying or baby shampoo with no conditioners should be fine.

Does anyone know where to get soft spikes or an alternative from in the UK?
try loc loops at www.curlsncoils.com